Those skeleton oil paintings are finished now and hanging quite nicely in my study/spare room/studio. There wasn’t actually that much more to do, just a little tidying up and a coat of retouch varnish.
I’ve had a couple of packs of 3M command strips lying about and this was an opportunity to test them out. The strips have a velcro-like finish on one side and a pressure sensitive rubber adhesive on the other. You stick the adhesive side of one strip onto the wall, the adhesive side of another onto the picture frame and then force the ‘velcro’ sides together until you hear the ‘velcro’ clicking.
The strips can be removed from the wall/frame surface by pulling a tab which seems to deform the adhesive, breaking its bond – I haven’t tried this yet. The ‘velcro’ connection between two strips is easily broken by peeling upwards in the plane of the strip (not by pulling towards you).
The command strips are easy to use and very effective, I also used them to hang up these acrylic still lifes I finished some time ago. No more nails, hammers and holes for me!